I had a rough day at work.
After having unexpected changes in our schedule, no lunch break, my foot stomped on, and being told off by a second grader (yes! a very angry and very sad second grader), I was holding some serious tension in my shoulders, and was ready to call it quits.
Thank goodness I can find humorous relief at home. After venting to my wonderfully patient husband, I decided to have a little fun with the pooches. There is nothing like watching a dog lick peanut butter off of its nose to lift your mood!
After a good laugh and some Thai-Style Tofu & Noodles,
I found the ultimate mood booster (or bood mooster if you know what I mean!):
Say 10 Positive Things Out Loud No matter how small and simple these things may seem, this is bound to boost your mood!
1) Tomorrow is Friday!
2) I can wear a tennis shoe instead of a surgical shoe!
3) I have a wonderful, loving husband!
4) I can sleep in on Saturday!
5) I am going to buy a new house this year!
6) I am healthy and thriving!
7) I have an amazing family!
8) I can wear jeans and dress up like my favorite storybook character for work tomororw!
(Hmm… Harry? Or, Hermione?)
9) I laugh every day at work!
10) I have crisp, clean sheets on my bed!
It may sound cheesy, but it works!
And P.S… never underestimate the luxury of crisp, clean sheets!!!
What do you do when you are in need of some serious mood boosting?