I’m so excited, I just can’t stand it!!!
For starters, tomorrow is Friday, and it’s a spirit day. That means we can wear jeans to work! There is something that makes a workday so much more enjoyable when you get to rock the denim… even if certain unnamed persons believe that they are the“devil’s leg tubes.” 😉
Secondly, I just ordered a new laptop!!!! It is fully loaded, shiny, tiny, and coming in the next week, or so! This is going to make my life so much easier! No more blogging all cooped up in the upstairs office. :) I can not wait for it to come. It’s like the P90X-citement all over again. Except I don’t think I’ll get bored with this delivery after only a month 😉
Here it is!!!!
I haven’t posted a recipe in a while, so I thought I’d post last night’s dinner: Soba Noodle Stir Fry. I adapted this recipe from March’s issue of Clean Eating Magazine.
- 12 oz. soba noodles
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 package of portabella mushrooms sliced (and/or 1 lb round steak, sliced into strips)
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- juice from 1 orange
- orange zest
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- couple squirts of honey
1) Cook noodles according to the package.
2) Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with olive oil cooking spray. If making without steak, move on to step 4.
3) If cooking steak, add slices to pan and cook until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
4) Add onions, garlic, broccoli, peppers and mushrooms. Sauté until cooked through.
3) Once noodles are finished, add to the skillet and mix with vegetables.
4) Mix soy sauce, orange juice, orange zest and honey together in a small bowl. Pour over noodle and vegetable mixture and stir to coat.
5) If using steak, add to the pan and combine with noodle stir fry.
Hers & His I’m a bit of a messy cook, huh???
I made Larry’s noodle stir fry in his very own meaty skillet. Oh, what we do for love 😉
Larry has requested Parmesan Encrusted Tilapia for dinner tomorrow night, which I love to make, because it is so quick and easy. It also means that I get to try out our new Martin’s grocery store. I’ve heard that the prices are not too shabby! Check back tomorrow for a review.
Have a Fabulous Friday!!!!!