In case you didn’t already know, summer is my favorite season of the year. Not only are the days longer and warmer, but there are beach vacations to be had, and countless hours to be spent reading by the pool.
However, the absolutely BEST part of summer is its amazing bounty.
This is the best time of year to visit a local Farmers Market to pick up the freshest produce available. There are so many colors and textures to choose from.
For me, this means that I have absolutely no trouble getting my five servings of fruits and veggies a day. 🙂
It also means that dinners are light, healthy, and super easy!
Last night’s dinner was no exception.
To recreate this delectable dinner at home follow these easy steps.
1. Cook your favorite pasta according to the package directions.
2. Chop or slice your favorite fresh veggies. I used summer squash, zucchini, onion, garlic, sliced tomatoes, and mushrooms.
2. Heat a pan over medium heat and lightly mist the pan with olive oil spray. No need for oil in this dish!
3. Once the pan is hot, add the veggies and sauté for a few minutes until they are cooked through.
4. Season the veggies with a bit of sea salt and crushed black pepper.
5. Mix in fresh chopped basil.
6. Serve and enjoy!
You can add thin strips of steak or baked chicken if you want to add meat 🙂
The veggies were so flavorful and juicy that you didn’t have to add any cheese or oil.
It was perfectly simple.
What is your favorite easy, light summer dish???